Tips for Transportation and Campus Navigation
- Schools/teachers will be responsible for arranging their transportation.
- Know where your presentation is located!
- Find maps of campus here: http://maps.msu.edu/
- For locations outside of central campus, please make note of the street address (which can be found when you log into your school group on this website and "view your current schedule") and then map your route, using either http://www.mapquest.com/ or https://maps.google.com/
- Teachers, be sure you are familiar with your bus route. Check the maps for the best approach to each location you choose. Please do not assume that your driver knows the route.
Please arrive to your presentation on time.
- Presenters are looking forward to sharing the science presentation they have prepared for you. Classroom and presenter schedule make it very difficult to delay a start time. All parties will surely be disappointed if a group is late. Please double-check the exact location of your presentation to ensure a timely arrival.
Drop-off/Pick-up and Waiting Areas
- The MSU Department of Police and Parking Services (DPPS) has designated specific areas as safe for bus drop-off and pick-up of passengers. We will email these areas in early March. Please print and bring with you to campus.
- You may need to arrange for your buses to transport your group from one presentation to the next should the distance in between be more than you would like to walk. We recommend buses wait in Commuter Lot 89 or 91 for this reason unless otherwise indicated in your individual email.
April weather can be unpredictable. Please dress appropriately, keeping in mind some presentations may have an outdoor component and you may choose to walk from one presentation location to another.
School groups cannot eat in the hallways of MSU buildings, or in parking lots, or on the grounds of the Power Plant.
If weather permits, and you find an open grassy patch, you are welcome to congregate there to eat your lunch/snack.
Keep in mind that a bus ride might be the perfect opportunity to eat a snack or lunch, either between presentations or at the conclusion of your visit.