What is the MSU Science Festival?
The MSU Science Festival founded in 2013, occurs every April on the MSU Campus and at venues across the state. It is a celebration of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) and the important role they play shaping our future and everyday lives.
Through a collaboration between MSU and Community STEAM scientists, researchers, and education providers, the Festival brings together more than 250 events and activities geared to life-long learners of all ages. Whether it is a talk from MSU’s global experts, special guest speakers, hands-on activities, performances, demonstrations, tours and open houses, to science café/pub events there is something for everyone at the MSU Science Festival.
The mission of the MSU Science Festival is to celebrate the many ways science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (the STEAM disciplines) touch our everyday lives and shape our future, broaden public access to informal learning environments, create meaningful direct interactions with scientists, and inspire the workforce of the future.
- Provide a rare opportunity for people of all ages to experience STEAM live and discover new concepts through hands-on experiences and face-to-face interactions with faculty, staff, and students
- Inspire future generations about STEAM fields and opportunities
- Promote MSU as a champion of STEAM outreach and research across the state
- Provide a platform for faculty, staff, and students to develop and hone informal science communication skills
- Create networking opportunities with other scientific, cultural, and educational institutions
Expectations and Responsibilities
We’re excited to have you on our team of presenters and want to help you make the most out of your Science Festival experience. As a Festival partner, we ask that you actively promote both the festival and your individual event on social media and in your communities. The marketing section of our website will help guide you through a few tips and tricks to make it easy and effective. We will also send you program booklets, posters, flyers, buttons, stickers, and other Festival promotional materials that we will ask you to distribute around your communities and at your event.
We ask that you use the Science Festival logo on any posters, flyers, and social media posts that you create, Also include the statement "This is a collaboration with the MSU Science Festival" or "This is a MSU Science Festival event". You can find our logos and other Festival-related images on the resources section of our website.
Additionally, we ask that you ensure that all of your festival events are both free and accessible to all.
Types of Programs
- K12 School Programs
- Talks, Demonstrations, and Performances
- Tours and Open Houses
- Nights at the
- Statewide Astronomy Night
- Science Cafes and Pubs
- LSJ Expo Zone
- Signature Events