Share what inspires you!
Accepting Proposals October 1 - November 1, 2018
To Submit Your Proposal:
- Complete the proposal form.
- Check your email for a notification we have received your proposal. If you do not receive one, check your Spam folder. If you do not receive an email from the Science Festival it means we did not receive your proposal. Please try again.
- Proposals will be reviewed in early December. A second email will be sent notifying you of your proposal acceptance.
- If your proposal is accepted, congratulations! Use our tools and templates to plan and promote your event.
- Enjoy sharing science with your visitors!
- If you have questions about your event/presentation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-1451
Types of Events/Presentations:
- Tours/Open Houses
- Hands-on activities
Present at venues including:
- Expo Day on MSU's East Lansing Campus or at MSU Detroit
- Museums across the state
- Science Café/Pub events across the state
Festival Dates: April 5 - 20, 2019
- April 5: Keynote Speaker
- April 6: East Lansing Expo Day
- April 12: Statewide Astronomy Night
- April 13: MSU Take a Tour Day
- April 14: Detroit Expo Day
- April 5 - 20: Nights at the Museums
- April 5 - 20: Science Cafe/Pub Nights
- Meet National Science Foundation (NSF) requirements for broader impact
- Reach new audiences
- Develop and practice communication skills
- Generate excitement for STEAM fields
Before you submit your proposal review the following:
- Review the Festival’s mission statement. Please note that events are free. Mission Statement.
- Discover what to expect by visiting these videos:
- Review dates, presentation types, and venues below to decide the right format for you.
- Review presenter benefits and responsibilities.
- Prepare your event details (presentation type, date/time preferences, catchy title, descriptions on how you will engage visitors, …)
- This is one of our few "musts": All presenters must read presentation tips (required) and Expo presenters must view Philly Expo video.