Benefits and Responsibilities
Cooperation, Collaboration, and Commitment
The success and impact of the Michigan State University Science Festival depends on the cooperation and shared promotion by presentation hosts and partners across the state. To advance our common goal of elevating awareness of the STEAM disciplines in our lives and in Michigan, we ask all participants to fulfill certain responsibilities.
The Michigan State University Science Festival will:
- Provide an established, organized infrastructure, including a centralized online proposal submission site.
- Promote all events on the MSU Science Festival website's online calendar of events and social media outlets. These promotional venues have an established base following of more than 3 years.
- Promote events in the printed MSU SciFest Guide, to be distributed at sites across the state.
- Provide branding tools, boilerplate language, templates for marketing, media, and event signage, as well as the official MSU SciFest logo for use with all print, electronic, and broadcast marketing efforts.
- Provide a host promotional tool kit, including MSU SciFest logos, icons, and graphics, as well as a handbook outlining a variety of promotional suggestions.
- Provide guidance to enhance independent and collaborative sponsorship opportunities.
- Provide a unique URL for hosts to use to promote events within their community.
We Ask All Partners To:
- Maintain the integrity of the MSU SciFest by using the brand standards indicated in your host tool kit (described above) and on the Festival's website. Please do not refer to the MSU Science Festival as the “Festival” or “Fair." Use the full name, Michigan State University Science Festival, MSU Science Festival, or MSU SciFest.
- Prominently display your event and MSU SciFest materials before and during your events.
- Place link to the MSU SciFest website (sciencefestival.msu.edu) on your home page (if you have one) along with the unique URL provided for your event. If possible, we recommend doing this approximately two months prior to the start of the Festival and your event.
- Include the MSU SciFest logo, with a direct link to the Festival's website, on any web page featuring your MSU SciFest event. You may download the Festival’s logo at http://sciencefestival.msu.edu/media/downloads
- Promote your event and the MSU SciFest in your E-newsletter (if you offer one) and on your social media sites. If possible, we recommend sending notices once a week during the month leading up to the festival and once every two weeks prior to the month of the Festival.
- Spread word about your event and the Festival via news releases (when possible) with links to your event and the festival website (http://sciencefestival.msu.edu), using boilerplate language and news release templates provided. Media contacts should be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertise with your local media networks whenever possible. If your budget allows, support your event with paid advertising, using provided templates. Include “In collaboration with the MSU Science Festival", or "A Michigan State University Science Festival Event” in your print, electronic, and broadcast communications. Be sure to also include a link to the website (http://sciencefestival.msu.edu) in your MSU SciFest event advertisements.
- Please reference the MSU SciFest in any opening and closing remarks you may have for your event.
- Post photo notification signs (alerting visitors that they may be photographed) at your event locations for the purpose of building a photo collection for future marketing.
- Complete an event summary and survey at the conclusion of your event. The evaluation survey will arrive at the completion of the Festival.
- If you are unable to host your event, please seek a substitute presenter and contact the SciFest team as soon as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you on the advancement of science in Michigan!
Michigan State University reserves the right to withdraw its permission to use its branding materials at any time.