Tips for Transportation and Campus Navigation
Schools/teachers will be responsible for arranging their transportation.
Free Bus Service
If you are in financial need for securing buses, the MSU Science Festival is pleased to announce that Dean Transportation is making available a limited number of free buses to those area schools in need of service on March 25 – 29, 2019
Please note: Dean Transportation does not wish to interfere with your local school bus service. Dean Transportation is generously offering free bus service as a sponsor of the MSU Science Festival and respects each districts decision on whether or not to utilize this service.
If you currently use Dean Transportation, utilize your current bus reservation system to secure transportation and indicate the reservation is for the MSU Science Festival. For questions or assistance, please contact Christine Washburn at ChristineW@deantrans.com or (517) 319-8365.
- Know where your presentation is located!
- Find maps of campus here: http://maps.msu.edu/
- For locations outside of central campus, please make note of the street address (which can be found when you log into your school group on this website and "view your current schedule") and then map your route, using either http://www.mapquest.com/ or https://maps.google.com/
- Teachers, be sure you are familiar with your bus route. Check the maps for the best approach to each location you choose. Please do not assume that your driver knows the route.
Please arrive to your presentation on time.
- Presenters are looking forward to sharing the science presentation they have prepared for you. Classroom and presenter schedule make it very difficult to delay a start time. All parties will surely be disappointed if a group is late. Please double-check the exact location of your presentation to ensure a timely arrival.
You may need to arrange for your buses to transport your group from one presentation to the next should the distance in between be more than you would like to walk. We recommend buses wait in Commuter Lot 89 or 91 for this reason unless otherwise indicated in your individual email.
April weather can be unpredictable. Please dress appropriately, keeping in mind some presentations may have an outdoor component and you may choose to walk from one presentation location to another.
School groups cannot eat in the hallways of MSU buildings, or in parking lots, or on the grounds of the Power Plant.
If weather permits, and you find an open grassy patch, you are welcome to congregate there to eat your lunch/snack.
Keep in mind that a bus ride might be the perfect opportunity to eat a snack or lunch, either between presentations or at the conclusion of your visit.