Computational Science: Robots! Supercomputers! Virtual Reality! Oh My!
Type: Expo Zone
In this exhibit, visitors will use virtual reality headsets to explore computer simulations of molecules and galaxies, learn to program a robot arm to do things, and learn what makes a supercomputer "super" by interacting with simulations that are running on it. This exhibit is put on by MSU's new Department of Computational Mathematics, Science, and Engineering, and students and faculty will also be happy to answer questions about computational and data science.
- Brian O'Shea , Professor , Physics and Astronomy; Computational Mathematics, Science, and Engineering , MSU
- Philipp Grete , Research Associate , Physics and Astronomy , MSU
- Michael Murillo , Professor , Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering , MSU
- Devin Silvia , Teaching Specialist , Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering , MSU
- Dirk Colbry , Director of HPC Studies , Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering , MSU
Ages: All Ages
- Engineering, Technology, or Mathematics
Time and Location
Date/Time: 4/7/2018 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Biomedical and Physical Sciences Building and Chemistry Building View on Google Maps