Night at the Museum with the MSU Broad Art Museum
Type: Experiment Along Virtual Demonstration
If there's one thing that artists and scientists have in common, it is the ability to think creatively about today's important issues. Join us for an evening of family-friendly learning about harvesting, saving, and sharing seeds as part of the MSU Science Festival. Explore the many ways artists investigate our planet's health through art and how you can help take care of our world, starting in your own backyard. Offered in conjunction with Seeds of Resistance on view at the MSU Broad this spring and summer.
Supplies to gather if you want to experiment along with us:
Paper, drawing supplies, and some natural materials collected from outside (something like a pinecone, a flower, some dirt – you choose!). If you don’t have any natural materials nearby, don’t worry, we’ll share photos of ours!
- Michelle Word, Director of Education, MSU Broad Art Museum, MSU
- Meghan Zanskas, Museum Educator: School and Family Programs, MSU Broad Art Museum, MSU
- Ellie Anderson, Education and Family Programs Fellow, MSU Broad Art Museum, MSU
Ages: All Ages
- Arts, Culture, and Design
- Energy and Environment
- Plant and Animal Sciences
For more information:
Time and Location
Date/Time: 4/24/2021 7:00 - 8:00 PM