Join Our Team
We're hiring seasonal team members for the 2023 Festival!
Available positions will be posted throughout the Fall.
The MSU Science Festival, as part of the Michigan State University Office of University Outreach and Engagement, is hiring a student operations assistant to support the organization and facilitation of MSU Science Festival Public and K-12 events for the 2023 season. This is a seasonal, part-time position beginning in October and extending through the beginning of June 2023.
$14-18 per hour depending on experience. Flexible remote scheduling September – February. This position will require in-office hours during the festival.
This position is open to students currently enrolled at Michigan State University. To learn more and apply, search for position #6969431 on handshake.
Accepting applications through September 26, 2022.
- Assisting with festival event planning; including venue reservations, vendor coordination, event floorplan creation, event set up/tear down, and other event logistics
- Providing editorial support for print, web, and other digital materials
- Providing administrative support for fundraising initiatives
- Providing on-site assistance with festival operations throughout March and April events
- Assisting with program evaluation
- Collaborating with other festival staff members to ensure the success of all programs and events
- Must be an enrolled student at Michigan State University
- 1-2 years' experience in event planning, stage management, or related fields
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and comfort using a wide range of Microsoft Office software
- Attention to detail, including fact-checking, and maintaining schedules
- Bachelor’s degree or enrollment in a STEAM-related degree program
- Experience with remote working environments
- Volunteer management experience
- Experience with database management (Microsoft Access and Excel)
- Experience dealing with vendors
- Experience with program evaluation methods and practices
This position is open to students currently enrolled at Michigan State University. To apply, submit an application for position #6969431 though handshake by September 26.